The Board of the Friends of Finland is currently looking for new board members. We want to have a diverse board that represents our community!
The Friends of the Finland (FoF) Community’s Mission is to help make Finland and its surrounding area an inviting and vibrant place by:
Creating community spaces and connections, Supporting economic initiatives,
Implementing social programs, Enhancing natural surroundings, and
Demonstrating sustainable practices.
The Board will support the work of FoF and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by FoF’s Executive Director (ED) and the Core Team, the Board-FoF relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Joining the FoF board is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about FoF’s mission and is looking to serve the community through board service. Ideal candidates:
- Have a commitment and understanding of the FoF mission and stakeholders.
- Bring unique perspective that represents the various groups that FoF serves.
- Offer skills and knowledge that develop the organization and help the board meet its responsibilities.
- Are excited to work collaboratively and creatively in the interest of the organization’s future by practicing vision and flexibility.
- Hold a willingness to learn and grow together.
What the Board does:
We support the growth and mission of FoF through:
- Engaging in strategic planning and monitoring progress.
- Holding the financial and legal oversight of the organization.
- Directly supporting the Executive Director.
- Assist in providing the tools and resources for the Core Team to flourish in their roles and carry out their duties.
How the Board meets its responsibilities:
- Committing to learning and understanding the history, mission, and vision of the FoF organization.
- Attending and engaging regularly in monthly scheduled board meetings.
- Reviewing information prior to each board meeting.
- Actively engaging and participating with FoF activities.
- Contacting people willing to donate or help meet the mission of the organization.
- Being an ambassador of FoF in the community.
- Understanding programs and services.
- Approving and being knowledgeable about the annual budget.
- Evaluating self at end of 1st year and end of terms thereafter.
How to apply:
Fill out an application online or by printing and dropping it off at the Clair Nelson Center by Wednesday November 11th 2020.