Camp Finland is Hiring for 2022
Camp Finland is hiring for Kids Camp and Teen Camp!
Camp Finland will be in June of 2022!
We are looking for folks who are interested in helping plan Camp Finland 2022!
Positions Available at this time:
- Kids Camp Coordinator
- Camp Kitchen Manager
Read below for more detailed job descriptions for each position.
Kids Camp Finland is a 4 day-long day camp. We focus on giving area youth the opportunities for friendship and discovery by providing them with activities and skills that will open their hearts and minds to the vast world around them.
Kids Camp Coordinator:
The 2 Kids Camp Coordinators work together to organize Kids Camp. This will include recruiting, and together with the 2 Teen Camp Coordinators, hiring of all staff and volunteers. Coordinators will be paid for 8 hours per day of Camp as well as up to 70 hours of planning and set-up. Coordinators will track their hours and keep the group informed if they are over or close to going over their allotted hours.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with staff, Counselors-in-training (CIT’s) and volunteers to schedule all events and activities in the lead up to camp
- Develop the camp schedule and the structure of camp activities by inviting community members to share their hobbies/skills in the form of “interest groups”.
- Work with: enrollment and training.
- Scheduling of any camper transportation during camp week
- Coordinating with Camp cooks and Kitchen Assistants in the lead up to camp
- Coordinating with Teen Camp staff to integrate the two camps during any overlapping scheduling
- Organizing and recruiting for camper enrollment
- Communication with parents/guardians
- Recruiting and training CIT’s
- Staffing all of the Camp week including a possible overnight campout.
- Coordinators must attend 80 percent of all pre and post-camp organizational meetings, in person or through web conferencing.
- Generally overseeing all aspects of Kids Camp Finland.
- Review COVID Guidelines and adapt Camp structure and policies to match.
Kids Camp Counselor: these positions will be posted in early 2022.
Teen Camp Finland is a week long (5 days – 4 nights) overnight camp for area teens focusing on developing a healthy sense of self and community belonging. We focus on love of nature, discovery, friendship, self worth and leadership.
Teen Camp Counselor: these positions will be posted in early 2022.
Also available (and equally important!) Kitchen Manager:
Will plan all meals, purchase all food, work with Coordinators on schedules in relation to meals, hire and direct the Kitchen Assistants with food prep, serving and cleanup throughout Camp week. Position entails up to 80 hours including planning and ordering ahead of time as well as the overseeing the kitchen during the week of Camp.
All of these positions require a background check and references.
Please contact Honor Schauland for more information at 218-353-0300
Applications can also be mailed to Camp Finland, Friends of Finland, PO Box 582, Finland MN 55603.
Paper applications may be requested at the Clair Nelson Center during business hours. Call 218-353-0300 for more information.
All Coordinator positions are paid $17/hour.