Clair Nelson Center Temporarily Closed to the Public
We are unfortunately in a situation where we are required to temporarily close the Clair Nelson Center to the public in the interest of public health to help slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The Center will be closed to the public beginning March 25, 2020 with all programs suspended indefinitely. We will continue to maintain office hours as much as possible, but staff will only be accessible via phone (218-353-0300) and email during this time.
- Office hours will be Tuesdays 10am-4pm, Wednesdays 10am-3pm, Thursdays 10am-3pm, and Fridays 10am-4pm.
- The outdoor bathroom and the entryway/library area will remain open. We ask that people use these areas one at a time to comply with social distancing recommendations, touch as few surfaces as possible, and leave each area as tidy as you found it.
- Internet will continue to be available. The wi-fi password is posted in the front entryway. Internet is accessible in the front entryway and from the front row of the parking area closest to the building.
- Staff can help with printing of documents for those in need if you email your document to us – we will figure out a safe way to get it to you.
- The Recycling Trailer is going away for the time being – Lake County and the DAC currently do not have enough staff to deal with emptying it. We hope it will come back when the crisis is over. In the meantime, please do not bring recyclables to the Center, we do not have the resources or staff to deal with it.
We hope we can still be a resource while protecting the health of staff and the health of the community at the same time. Please give us a call (218-353-0300) if you are in need and we will try our best to help. Please take care and stay healthy!
– Clair Nelson Center/Friends of Finland Staff
Contact us below: