Job Posting: Spanish Camp Coordinator
After a long hiatus due to organizational and COVID-related difficulties, Friends of Finland is hoping to once again host Spanish Camp at the Clair Nelson Center in the summer of 2022. With that in mind, we are looking for someone to coordinate Spanish Camp.
Spanish Camp is a 3-day long day camp for children ages 5-13, with an emphasis on language, cultures and food in the many Spanish-speaking countries around the world. We focus on giving area youth opportunities for friendship and discovery by providing them with activities and skills that will open their hearts and minds to the vast world around them.
The Camp Coordinator(s) works to organize Spanish Camp and develops the teaching curriculum to ensure that attendees come away with basic knowledge of the Spanish language and the various cultures in which it is spoken.
This includes recruiting, and hiring of all staff and volunteers. The Coordinator will be paid for 7 hours per day of Spanish Camp as well as up to 30 hours of planning and set-up. The Coordinator will track their hours and keep Core Staff informed if they are over or close to going over their allotted hours. This is a part-time position. Pay will be based on experience with a range between $17-20/hour. Position requires a background check and references.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with staff, any Counselors-in-training (CIT’s) and volunteers to schedule all events and activities in the lead up to camp
- Hiring and working with a Spanish Teacher to develop a curriculum if the Coordinator does not have sufficient knowledge of the Spanish language themselves.
- Develop the camp schedule and the structure of camp activities by inviting community members to share their hobbies/skills in the form of “interest groups”.
- Scheduling of any camper transportation during camp timeframe
- Coordinating with Camp cooks and Kitchen Assistants in the lead up to camp
- Organizing and recruiting for camper enrollment
- Communication with parents/guardians
- Recruiting and training CIT’s if needed
- Staffing all of the Camp days.
- Coordinators must attend 80 percent of any pre and post-camp organizational meetings, in person or through web conferencing.
- Generally overseeing all aspects of Spanish Camp.
Please contact Program Lead Honor Schauland for more information at 218-353-0300.
Resumes and cover letters can be dropped off at the Clair Nelson Center during business hours or please mail to Friends of the Finland Community, PO Box 582, Finland MN 55603.
Or – please fill out the form below to apply for this position: