Job Posting: Business and Finance Lead
Join the Leadership Team of the Friends of the Finland Community! Business & Financial Lead Position
Friends of Finland is a vibrant nonprofit organization supporting a wide variety of community programs, and we have grown to where we are looking for a person with the business and financial expertise to strengthen and expand the work we do.
The Friends of the Finland Community Business and Finance Lead position handles budgeting, nonprofit reporting, grant management, fiscal agency, donation management, insurance, billing and invoices, payroll, and maintaining personnel records. Must have the interest and ability to communicate and educate others on business and financial topics.
Position requires working collaboratively with other core staff to uphold the organizational mission and vision, cocreate staff culture, participate on hiring committees for new core staff and organizational support staff, hold each other accountable and deal with staff issues as they arise. Position requires regular participation in strategic visioning, core staff meetings, and communication platforms. Position will work with other core staff to facilitate and mentor projects/programs through training and assistance, volunteer coordination, grant writing, and community capacity building. Position also requires acting as a Community Liaison by hosting the public using the Clair Nelson Center, providing information, and facilitating and tracking community usage and impact.
Position is part-time up to 20 hours a week at up to $25/hr.
Job training will be provided, experience with Quickbooks is preferred but not necessary.
- Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing sound financial systems and best practices for the organization.
- Manage Quick Books systems according to accepted non-profit accounting principles.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports as needed.
- Assist in developing and implementing financial policies
- Work with auditor on annual audit review
- Manage payroll system and reports
GRANT EXPENSE REPORTING
- Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing a grant expense tracking system that ensures accurate grant reports.
Assist Executive Director in developing and implementing equitable human resources systems, including:
- Employee files containing all relevant information: contracts, tax forms, etc.
- An employee policies handbook
- Benefits, disciplinary, expectations, etc.
- Standard operating procedures
- Provide administrative support as needed to assist with overall operations of the organization
Please contact Honor Schauland for more information at 218-353-0300. Deadline to apply is May 5th, 2021.
Resumes and cover letters can be dropped off at the Clair Nelson Center during business hours or please mail to Friends of the Finland Community, PO Box 582, Finland MN 55603.
Or – please fill out the form below to apply for this position: