Dear TEEN Camp Finland Parents/Guardians and TEENS,
Teen Camp Finland is almost here! We’re so glad your teen(s) can attend! The following is important information regarding Teen Camp:
THINGS YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU TO CAMP:
- 1 Large Backpack
- 1 Smaller Daypack
All Items must fit into these two bags:
- 1 Sleeping bag and/or blankets
- 1 Air mattress or closed cell pad
- 1 pair of real hiking boots
- 1 pair of shoes that can be worn in water ie: crocs, old tennis shoes etc.
- 5 pairs of socks and undies
- 1 Sun hat and sunscreen
- 1 Working flashlight and/or headlamp with extra batteries
- Weather appropriate outdoor clothing – Think mosquitoes and getting dirty
- 1 pillow
- 1 swimsuit
- 1 towel
- 1 water bottle with child’s name on it;
- Toothbrush and paste
- Mosquito repellent
Optional but recommended:
- Musical instruments for playing around the campfire will be kept dry and safe.
- Any personal toiletries. Non-toxic Dr. Bronner’s soap will be provided.
All food will be provided – No food or snacks from home please. We have a day camper w/ a severe peanut and shellfish allergy.
Also please leave your phones at home. If parents need to contact teens at camp they can call us at anytime @ 218-220-7215.
MONDAY, June 17th: First day of camp! Camp starts at 8:30 am sharp. Parents/Guardians must drop teens off. Look for signs on the road in front of the community center – teens are to be dropped off with all of their gear in the parking lot on the far side of the ball field.
FRIDAY, June 21st: Last day of camp. Family Members are invited to an ICE CREAM SOCIAL @ 3:00 to 4pm. Pick up for your teens will be after the social (4:15 pm), again, in the parking lot on the far side of the ball field.
For more info or questions before or during TEEN Camp call Andrew Norcross anytime @ (218) 220-7215 or the Clair Nelson Community Center @ (218) 353-0300
Teen Camp Counselors: Andrew Norcross, Kelsie Carlson, Honor Schauland and Margaret Sager
Guest Day Counselors: Steven George, Kurt Mead and Kaare Melby
Finland Community Youth Program Director: Amy Gardner (218)353-7536